The following resources are available to students and families.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 - 24/7 - free and confidential support
United Way Helpline - 211 - 24/7 access to resource information (financial, domestic or health related) - connects you to resources in your area
Beaver County System of Care - 1-800-400-6180 or text PA to 741741 - 24/7 Beaver County Crisis Hotline
Girls and Boys Town - 1-800-448-3000 - 24/7 staffed hotline for teens in crisis
YAP Resources - Visit https://mailchi.mp/c34aace62dca/yap-update
Please review the recommendations from Common Sense Media - Common Sense is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Since 2003, Common Sense has been the leading source of entertainment and technology recommendations for families and schools.
Media Recommendations for Entertainment
Hand-picked, age-appropriate media suggestions to keep the whole family engaged.
- Best Music Apps and Games for Kids
- New Kids' TV Shows
- 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They're 12
- Best Family Movies
- Common Sense Selections highlighting the best movies and TV shows
- Sibling Watch-Together TV
- Best Documentaries for Kids and Families
Resources for At-Home Learning
Tools to help parents and caregivers keep kids focused and learning at home.
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- Apps That Act Like Math and Science Tutors for Homework Help
- Free Educational Apps, Games, and Websites
- Top Time-Management Apps
- When everything feels overwhelming, check out tips for taking in rapidly changing news.
- De-stress together with meditation apps for kids and families.
- Get the blood flowing and elevate the mood with these 25 dance games (you might need to buy a special control from Amazon).
- Apps, websites, and video games that inspire running, jumping, and more to stay active.
- Don’t forget to enjoy a device-free dinner or two.